We take Halloween very seriously, so when I was told that the due date for our son to be born was October 28th, I started to get a little nervous. “If he’s not here by October 29th, can we induce?” I asked my doctor. “That’s not how it works” she said, with a slightly horrified laugh. Luckily our son “The Viking” was born a week early and a mere four days after delivering him, I was painfully waddling around Joanne’s fabrics, trying to throw together some make-shift costumes. That’s when the idea for “HalloWEEK” was born.
DAY 1: THE WALKING DEAD
We are HUGE fans of the show The Walking Dead, so it was only natural that our kick-off costume was an ode to the show. Reed is dressed as officer Rick Grimes while Ronan is dressed as baby Judith. Kat is dressed as a walker, who we’ll call “Lori”. The Walking Dead, featuring Reed as Rick Grimes and Ronan as Baby Judith.
DAY 2: NIRVANA’S KURT COBAIN, COURTNEY LOVE AND BABY FRANCIS BEAN
- Smells like Teen Spirit! Here is our nod to Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love and baby Francis Bean.
- Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love and Francis Bean
- DAY 3: BEETLEJUICE !
- Ronan as Beetlejuice with Mr. & Mrs. Maitland
- DAY 4: GAME OF THRONES
- Game of Thrones, with Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow.
DAY 5: WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? With Roger & Jessica Rabbit and Baby Herman
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? With Jessica and Baby Herman
DAY 6: VIKINGS
- Vikings, with Ragnar & Lagertha Lothbrok and baby Bjorn
- Vikings, Lagertha and Baby Bjorn Ironsides
and finally, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
- DAY 7: LABYRINTH
- Our finale costume is from the movie Labyrinth, one of our childhood favorites starring David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King, Ronan as baby Toby and Kat as Sarah.
We hope you enjoyed HalloWEEK and our crazy Family Halloween Costume Ideas. We’ve got some fun ideas already percolating for next year!
All photos and text by Robin Rile Fine Art . Happy HalloWEEK 2015 !